The raspberry bushes on our farm have been a recent addition to our hillsides, luring our children out frequently to grab a quick snack. We have two varieties planted – one ripens in late spring, the other in fall.
Raspberries have high levels of antioxidants such as Vitamin C, gallic acid and quercetin. These antioxidants have been shown to fight against heart disease and cancer. Raspberries are also high in ellagic acid which appears to have an anti-carcinogenic effect in studies, inhibiting liver, colon, and skin cancers. Though many of these antioxidants can be purchased in supplemental form, studies are showing that consumption of whole fruits is more beneficial than dietary supplements.
Eating Fresh and Food Uses:
The well-known raspberry is delicious in many popular dishes and has a variety of uses. We hope you enjoy our raspberries as much as our kids do!
At Branches and Berries, Wauzeka, Wisconsin, we produce fruits and supply berries for wineries, juice and other food and beverage industries.
- Fruits are packaged in 35-40 pound boxes
- Minimum order of one 35-40 pound box
- Fruit is sold in increments of 35-40 pounds
- Pallet lots of 1,000-1,300 pounds are available
- Frozen berries are available year round
- Fresh berries are available seasonally at the farm